Michael Duncan is awarded SCCPA's Joseph O. Nixon Award
for Chief Student Affairs Officer
- Each year SCCPA acknowledges the work our colleagues conduct on behalf our their students, their institution and SCCPA. We are pleased to recognize Michael Duncan, Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs and Director of Higdon Student Leadership Center as the award winner for 2016 as announced at our Fall Conference in Charleston.
- The purpose of this award is to recognize chief student affairs professionals in the state of South Carolina who have made outstanding contributions to their campus and the field of student affairs.
- The Criteria: The nominees must have been employed as a chief student affairs professional at their institution for at least five years.
- nominees should demonstrate an effort to recruit professionals to the profession of student affairs (i.e. Dylan Mazelis),
- show a commitment to students (i.e. advising SGA duties and founding the HSLC)
- and demonstrate leadership for student affairs professionals in the state of South Carolina. Membership in SCCPA is not required.
- Student Affairs encourages personal and professional development of our staff.
- Notable Accomplishments of the staff of Counseling and Substance Abuse
Spirit Award Winners 2016
Congratulations to the Career Center and to Residence Life, - Photo below -
on being voted the 1st and 2nd place winners of the Spirit Award
at the Staff Advisory Lunch held June 15, 2016