It's Your Place: A Bystander Intervention Campaign
The purpose of the It's Your Place campaign is to increase bystander intervention and prevent sexual misconduct, which may include sexual assault or rape, sexual harassment, intimate partner violence, or stalking.
The College of Charleston's It’s Your Place campaign educates on topics related to sexual misconduct and bystander intervention; empowers campus and community members, and advocates for informed, empowered, and active bystanders.
We are in THE COLLEGE Today "College Launches 'It's Your Place' Campaign"
It's Your Place to Prevent Sexual Assault.
It's Your Place - to prevent sexual assault
Mission and Vision
Mission: The College of Charleston's It’s Your Place campaign:
- Educates on topics related to sexual misconduct and bystander intervention,
- Empowers campus and community members, and
- Advocates for informed, empowered, and active bystanders.
Vision: We envision
- an engaged campus and community,
- educated in sexual misconduct and bystander intervention,
- with all the tools necessary to be active bystanders,
- in order to create a safe, happy, and healthy environment for all.
Goal 1: Increase awareness of sexual misconduct
Objective 1: Provide opportunities for candid discussions about rape culture, including the myth that rape is falsely reported
Objective 2: Increase recognition of incidents of sexual misconduct
Objective 3: Increase reporting of incidents of sexual misconduct
Goal 2: Increase bystander intervention
Objective 1: Build a safe community by providing training, education and resources to increase awareness and mastery of bystander intervention techniques
Objective 2: Foster a culture of bystander intervention through traditional and new media outreach
Objective 3: Increase reports of bystander intervention