Off-Campus and Commuter Student Services
Our Mission is to provide information and education on programs and services along with engagement opportunities and advocacy resources to College of Charleston off-campus and commuter students. Approximately 67% of College of Charleston undergraduate students live off-campus or commute.
Freshman Commuter Collegium
- Freshman Commuter Collegium Freshmen commuting to campus this year have a place on campus to go during their breaks between classes. The Freshman Commuter Collegium is located in the first floor McAlister Residence Hall common room with access off of St. Philip Street. It is designed as a home away from home for freshman commuter students - a place they can hang out, gather their thoughts and recharge with new friends. The collegium has a flat screen TV, seating, tables for group project, computer work areas, coffee/tea honor bar, refrigerator, and microwaves coming soon. A variety of programs will be offered that integrate learning, leadership opportunities and a sense of belonging. The collegium will be open Monday-Friday from 9.00-3:00pm (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday) and Wednesdays from 9-12. The collegium is staffed with Peer Mentors through the early afternoon each day during the semester. A campus ID will be needed for entry. Eligible freshmen students will need to register first at the collegium front desk to use the facility.
Email Bruce Fleming in the Office of New Student Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
For more information on the Freshman Commuter Collegium:
Stern Center Services
The Stern Student Center provides:
Spaces to study and relax between classes,
Cougar Canteen on 2nd Floor of Stern with access to food and vending,
Charging stations for laptops and mobile devices, and Wi Fi,
Lockers in Cougar Canteen for temporary storage space,
A microwave in the Cougar Canteen.
Recreation is an important part of Campus Life.
24 Hour Study Lounge in the Education Center Atrium
Equipped with study tables, lounge chairs,
desk top computers and Wi Fi,
the 24 hour study lounge in the
Education Center Atrium is a
popular place to study and relax
before, after or between
POD-Provisions on Demand is open when classes are in session.
POD Normal Hours:
Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Public Safety monitors this lounge 10pm to 6am in the academic year.
- Off-Campus Housing
- Off Campus Housing and Rental Agreements
- Community Relations
- South Carolina Landlord and Tenant Act
- Bike Information
Meals, Parking and Other Resources
- Meal Plans
- Campus Parking
- Student Health Forms
- Students in Potential Crisis
- Veteran Resources
- Attorney Assistance Program
- Policies and Procedures - Office of the Dean of
- Victim Services
- Employment Resources
- Financial Aid
- Enterprise Car Share