Events in Student Affairs
Coffee Talk Schedule
- March 13th Melissa Thomas - Situational Leadership. Stern 201 9:30 - 10:30am
There is no one “best” style of leadership. Great leaders know that leadership is task-relevant and they adapt their leadership style to the individual or group they are attempting to lead or influence! This workshop will explore situational leadership and how you can deploy it within various contexts and scenarios!
When: Friday, March 13th, 2015
Time: 9:30am – 10:30am
Where: Stern 201
Facilitator: Melissa Thomas, Director, Center for Student Learning
- April 10th Gene Sessoms - Simple Ideas that Pay Big Dividends--------Games.
NASPA Webinar Series - All in Stern 409
- April 9th 12:00 - 1:00pm Ethical Professional Practice
- April 22nd 3:00 - 4:00pm Same Generation, New Challenges: Transforming Advising for New Professionals
- May 12th 3:00 - 4:00pm Be Strategic: Shape You Student Affairs Career!
Previous important NASPA Webinars
- I want to be an Ally, but don't know how: Creating Supportive and Inclusive Campuses. February 23rd.
Colleges and universities are becoming increasingly more diverse. As more underrepresented groups emerge on our campuses it is important to consider the role an ally can play to help create supportive and inclusive environments. This webinar will explore key questions such as: What does it mean to be an ally? Who gets to be an ally? Why does an allies voice have power? The webinar will also engage participants in innovative practices for allyship and equip them with knowledge and competencies to holed themselves and others accountable as an ally for underrepresented groups on campus.
The recording of the presentation: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/3055820255272158722
The slides from the webinar: http://www.naspa.org/images/uploads/events/I_Want_to_Be_An_Ally_Webinar.pdf
During the webinar two enlightening videos wer show.