Division of Student Affairs
What you need to know for today....Top Stories, Featured Events
Nomination Forms are Due
Experiential Learning in soft skills....that's Student Affairs
- like leadership
- verbal communication
- conflict resolution.....
We are campus life outside the classroom. We support the academic mission and enhance classroom experiences with services, programs and activities.
Our Student Affairs Mission
The Division of Student Affairs is dedicated to the development of all students and to facilitating their cultural, social, emotional, physical, ethical and intellectual development so they may become responsible, respectful, and effective individuals.
Our Student Affairs Values
We value the holistic development of our students and their growth as globally-minded individuals through experiential learning, as well as the modeling of ethical behavior and accountability.
Learn and practice new life skills through the departments in the Division of Student Affairs:
- Campus Recreation Services teamwork, fitness to last a lifetime, outdoor adventures, leadership, competition
- Career Center: resume building, internships, getting a job and internship for entering freshman, graduate students and alumni
- Center for Civic Engagement: taking initiative, project management, service immersion experiences, travel
- Collegiate Recovery Program: connections with other recovering students, involvement in fun, sober events, collaboration, service
- Open Meetings for learning on Tuesdays at 6:30pm Learn more
- Counseling and Substance Abuse Services: self reliance, self help, mastering stress
- Dean of Students: importance of voting, leadership, initiative, integrity, respect, responsibility, accountability, fairness
- Disability Services: independence, initiative, critical thinking, respect for others' values
- Fraternity and Sorority Life: leadership, conflict resolution
- Higdon Student Leadership Center: leadership, communication
- Multicultural Student Programs and Services: collaboration
- Residence Life: conflict resolution, collaboration
- Student Health Services: self reliance
- Student Life: teamwork, verbal communication, collaboration
- Upward Bound and Pre-College Programs: critical thinking, initiative
- Victim Services: initiative, communication, leadership