Division of Student Affairs
Call for Nominations for the 2017 ExCEL Awards
You can submit your nominations until Friday, February 24, 2017.
One Awesome Opportunity for 2017
Are you are seeking a dynamic, rewarding, and life-changing leadership experience?
- Residence Life is looking for Resident Assistants and Desk Assistants for the 2017-2018 academic year!
- Please consider applying at http://reslife.cofc.edu/student-staff-recruitment/index.php.
Additionally, please come to a Q+A session hosted at the Residence Halls on campus for more information!
See the sessions listed below.
Questions? Please contact Residence Life Area Coordinator Joe Vallee at email@example.com. Thank you!
Experiential Learning in soft skills....that's Student Affairs
- like leadership
- verbal communication
- conflict resolution.....
We are campus life outside the classroom.
We support the academic mission and enhance classroom experiences
- with additional services, programs and activities.
The Division of Student Affairs is dedicated to the development of all students
and to facilitating their cultural, social, emotional, physical, ethical and intellectual development
so they may become responsible, respectful, and effective individuals.
We value the holistic development of our students and their growth as globally-minded individuals through experiential learning, as well as the modeling of ethical behavior and accountability.
Skill opportunities that can be learned through the departments in the Division of Student Affairs
- Campus Recreation Services teamwork, fitness to last a lifetime, outdoor adventures, leadership, competition
- Career Center: resume building, internships, getting a job and internship for entering freshman, graduate students and alumni
New Career Center Director Charts Ambitious Course
- Center for Civic Engagement: taking initiative, project management, service immersion experiences, travel
- Collegiate Recovery Program: connections with other recovering students, involvement in fun, sober events, collaboration, service
- Counseling and Substance Abuse Services: self reliance, self help, mastering stress
- Dean of Students: importance of voting, leadership, initiative, integrity, respect, responsibility, acountability, fairness
- Disability Services: independence, initiative, critical thinking, respect for others' values
- Fraternity and Sorority Life: leadership, conflict resolution
- Higdon Student Leadership Center: leadership, communication
- Multicultural Student Programs and Services: collaboration
- Residence Life: conflict resolution, collaboration
- Student Health Services: self reliance
- Student Life: teamwork, verbal communication, collaboration
- Upward Bound and Pre-College Programs: critical thinking, initiative
- Victim Services: initiative, communication, leadership