Division of Student Affairs
Student Affairs Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The Division of Student Affairs is dedicated to the facilitation of the cultural, social, emotional, physical, ethical and intellectual development of all students so that they may be responsible, respectful and effective individuals. As educators, the Student Affairs staff designs diverse learning environments and experiences, with engaged leadership, that promote our commitment to diversity and inclusion. Our approach to diversity and inclusion planning is proactive and holistic. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and welcoming campus culture in support of each student’s academic success, in support of our own professional development, and in support of the College of Charleston’s mission and impact on the world.
Student Affairs Division Goals
- Goal 1: Expand Programming - Develop a Programming Implementation Plan designed to provide staff and students with intentional programming efforts that provide increased and more comprehensive on-campus and off-campus events and program options.
- Goal 2: Increase Experiential Learning - To establish a Task Force for Experiential Learning in order to develop co-curricular services and programs that compliment student learning, leadership and professional and personal development.
- Goal 3: Diversity and Student Retention Efforts - To develop programs and services that support the increase of the retention of students from diverse back grounds by 15%.
- Goal 4: Increased focus on Student Health, Safety and Wellness - to provide services in order to create and maintain a healthy, civil and safe campus and reduce student participation in high-risk behaviors.
- Goal 5: Division Brand and Personnel - To better market the expertise of the Division of Student Affairs, including its 17 departments and over 350 staff, in order to establish a brand associated with high quality co-curricular service and program delivery, where students can LIVE. LEARN. And GROW.
The Division of Student Affairs invites all Division Staff to the State of the Division Breakfast, September 22